torstai 11. helmikuuta 2016

The four houses of Kotka

There are four youth houses in Kotka, located in different parts of town and with different atmospheres and characteristics.

Yes, a bit like that


I have worked at all four of them and will continue to do so for the remainder of my stay in Finland, and people frequently ask me what I think of the different houses and whether I have a favourite (but I´m not playing this dangerous game!). I thought it would be fun and maybe somewhat interesting to describe the four different houses in Kotka to give you a better idea of what they are like!


Greippi:

* Youth house Greippi is located smack bang in the middle of Kotka, near shopping centre Pasaati and other cool places.

* Its inside decoration could best be described as colourful... Very colourful. On the outside, Greippi is a beautiful old wooden building.

* Size-wise, it´s probably the largest youth house in Kotka... go big or go home, as they say!

=====> Greippi has got to be Gryffindor!


Mesta:

* Mesta is in the middle of nowhere in the quiet countryside.

* It has the smallest, oldest pool table of all the houses, BUT it has a BALL POOL!

* Its inside decoration could be best described as a diverse assortment of things that shouldn´t really go together in theory but somehow do; the end result is very cosy and relaxing.

=====> Mesta has got to be Hufflepuff!


Kulma:

* For a youth house, it sure is constantly full of old people. This is because Kulma doubles as a day centre for the elderly during the day! Imagine my surprise when I arrived in Kulma for the first time, expecting a crowd of teenagers, and instead walked into a gathering of 80 year olds doing gymnastics.

* Is the only house which has a piano. If only I could play it...

* Its inside decoration could be best described as green. Yes, green is Kulma´s colour.

=====> For this reason, Kulma has got to be Slytherin!


Welho:

* Has a wonderful craft club, ran by myself every Tuesday. Totally not advertising my own club here, honest.

* Has a really neat phone charging machine, with locks and everything. Fancy.

* Its inside decoration is light, airy and modern, and also very minimal - in part because Welho is a brand new youth house, and still not completely finished.

=====> Welho has got to be Ravenclaw!


Feel free to disagree with my comparisons, of course... Nevertheless, this is how I think of the different youth houses myself  ;)


Nahia



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti